A quick listing of polling locations for the 7th and 13th districts
Remember that old P. Diddy-led slogan, “Vote or Die”, the adage meant to influence the public and non-voters to voice their opinions and vote, or suffer a premature demise?
Well, when Nydia Velazquez (7th district) and Charles Rangel (13thdistrict) combat their opponents in Tuesday’s congressional primaries, this is what the rapper was talking about, and we, although without the threat, agree with him and encourage you to vote.
We suspect much of the reason people don’t vote is because access to voting is, ironically, a bit inaccessible, and because sometimes the couch is a bit easier than standing in line and waiting to punch a hole. We don’t suspect that most people are just droning around without an opinion.
So, fortunately for you, we at NY Press are here to help, and are here, in an effort to make your voting as effortless as possible, to present to you a guide to some of the polling locations in the 7th and 13th districts. Find the location nearest you and go out and vote:
7th district – Candidates: Nydia Velazquez, George Martinez, Dan O’Connor, Erik Dilan
- Ridgewood Presbyterian Church, 59-14 70 Ave. – Queens
- PS 108, 200 Linwood St. – Brooklyn
- St. Ann’s & The Holy Trinity Church, 157 Montague St. – Brooklyn
- PS 172, 825 4 Ave. – Brooklyn
- PS 155, 1355 Herkimer St. – Brooklyn
- University Neighborhood, 200 Monroe St. – Manhattan
- Rutgers House, 200 Madison St. – Manhattan
13th district – Candidates: Charles Rangel, Adriana Espaillat, Clyde Williams, Joyce Johnson, Craig Schley
- Vladeck Hall, 74 Van Cortlandt Pk. – Bronx
- Glad Tidings Assembly, 2 Van Cortlandt Ave. – Bronx
- PS 46, 279 Esat 196 St. – Bronx
- Dyckman Comm Center, 3782 10 Ave. – Manhattan
- Isabella Geriatric, 515 Audubon Ave. – Manhattan
- Bridge Apartments, 1370 St. Nicholas Ave. – Manhattan
- PS 173, 306 Ft Washing Ave. – Manhattan
- PS 43/PS 172, 509 West 129 St. – Manhattan
- Riverview Tower, 626 Riverside Dr. – Manhattan
- PS 7, 160 E 120 St. – Manhattan
Everyone should vote, but don’t worry—we aren’t threatening you if you don’t listen.
You can also get more details at NYC’s Poll Site Locator.
Tags: 13th district, 7th district, bridge apartments, Clyde Williams, congressional district, democratic primaries, dyckman comm center, glad tidings assembly, Nydia Velazquez, ps 155, ps 7, Rangel, riverview tower, vladeck hall
Trackback from your site.