Posts Tagged ‘Germania Bank Building’

Landmarking Yorkville’s German Past

Written by Megan Finnegan Bungeroth on . Posted in Breaking News, News Our Town, Our Town

  Late last month, the LPC met to hear testimony about the historic building, which it described as “an elegant Italian renaissance revival-style structure.” The Yorkville Bank, which was established in 1893 by German stockholders, first operated out of an office on Third Avenue and East 85th Street. In 1905, they commissioned Robert Maynicke, a [&hellip
[ read more... ]

1,240 Comments

..