The Educational Alliance’s new community center, the Manny Cantor Center, is set to open at 197 East Broadway on the Lower East Side in early 2014 and will offer programs for all ages and backgrounds. Designed with the changing demographics of the Lower East Side in mind, CEO Robin Bernstein says the organization saw a need in the neighborhood for a thriving, dynamic community hub.
“The Manny Cantor Center will provide enhanced facilities and services for longstanding Educational Alliance programs and an increased number of early childhood classrooms,” she said. “It will also introduce new initiatives that respond directly to the neighborhood’s needs, including programming and community space for all ages and a spacious, airy new Health & Wellness Center with 2 exercise studios.”
Programs, services and amenities will include:
• A brand-new, 7000 sq. ft., fitness center with high ceilings and skyline and park views, with over 50 pieces of strength training and cardio equipment, 2 exercise studios and personal training.
• A regular schedule of group exercise classes: yoga, Pilates, indoor cycling, Zumba and more.
• A 5000 sq. ft. gymnasium with basketball and volleyball courts.
• Early Childhood Education for ages 2-5 including preschool, Head Start and Early Head Start, parenting & toddler programs, summer camp.
• Recreation, activities, and community events for all ages including the Edgies Teen Center, College Prep, the Weinberg Center for Balanced Living for older adults, art exhibits, counseling and more.
• Renovated art studios with ceramics, painting and sculpture classes for adults and children.
• Glass-enclosed rooftop community space for cultural events, classes, workshops and celebrations.
To learn more, call 646-395-4280 or email email@example.com.
Trackback from your site.