We asked a sampling of NYC stars to tell us what the future holds
Mario Cantone, comedian and actor
- The economy’s going to get better.
- Marijuana is going to become legal in a few more states.
- Gay marriage is going to become legal in a few more states.
- It will be a long time before there is an Italian-American sitcom that is successful.
- The new season of Smash will be celebrated as the most realistic depiction of the theater industry since Alf.
- Lea Michele will die of jealousy when Anne Hathaway wins the Oscar for Les Misérables.
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will kill at the Golden Globes, but Jennifer Lawrence will look amused more than she’ll actually laugh out loud.
- I will force Rachel Dratch to run an obstacle course on the new season of Billy on the Street (less a prediction, more of a guarantee!).
- Vinny will still be pale
- I will release my first album on G-Note records
- Everyone will be pre-gaming with Remix cocktails
- My hair will still be able to survive 150-mph winds
- I hope and feel that TV continues to go in a friendlier direction. If they continue to do reality TV, I’m hopeful that it’s done more in a style that celebrates success as opposed to humiliating those who have failed.
- I think food will continue to become more specific—as opposed to being billed as American, Italian, etc., it will focus more on specific regions and towns.
- This is more personal and selfish than a prediction, but I would love to see more green space and dog-friendly areas developed in the city. One thing the world doesn’t need more of is big-ass buildings!
- I’m pretty sure it’s going to start with January and end with December. Everything in between is a mystery. And thank God for that.
Trackback from your site.